Sunday, August 7, 2011

Busy Summer

Always my favorite time of the year...veggies growing, kids swimming, birds chirping, laundry waving in the wind...I love Summer!

New to me this year are eggplant, which I confess I do not know how to cook. My daughter brought home six plants from the organic vegetable farm that she works at, and I innocently put them into the garden. I now have about twenty almost ready to harvest. This is AFTER I picked a dozen and gave them friends who took pity on me. I googled some recipes and had a friend send me a tried and true from her own collection, so I am almost ready to take the plunge. Almost.

Also new to me this summer is the political process that I thought I knew so much about until I decided to run for local office. I learned a new meaning to the word "running" as used in "running for office"...because I have not stopped running since I started! I am on petition #2...58 signatures needed for each petition, with a few extras just in case. I've been through almost everyone I know in town, and I've been knocking on doors of people I have not met before. All in all, it has been a difficult but extraordinarily satisfying undertaking. I am receiving so much support and encouragement...even if I don't win the position, I will have been blessed by the process :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment